Add Couples Counselling to your practice with this 7 day course which is designed to help you work safely and effectively with couples.
This course will suit anyone who already has a basic understanding and experience of the counselling process and is looking to extend their knowledge and experience of working in the interesting, demanding and fascinating world of couples counselling. It will not only build on your counselling knowledge in general but also on the practical and theoretical aspects of working with the couple dynamic.
You will develop the skills needed to offer couples counselling sessions which will help the couple to engage with and understand their contract, responsibilities, role, requirements and goals and to make changes in their relationships that create lasting change in how they relate to and feel about each other.
Once you have completed the training you will be suitably qualified to deliver Couples Counselling sessions, with robust Supervision from a Couples Counselling Supervisor.
Who is this course for?
- Counsellors who are currently working with Couples and want to reflect on their practice and deepen their learning.
- Qualified counsellors who are considering working with Couples.
The course is offered in two parts.
The first part of the course is 4 days delivered over 2 weekends with a closed learning group. In these 4 days you will learn about:
- Couple dynamics
- Therapeutic bonding
- Holding the balance
- Attachment and systemic theory
- Scripts and messages
- Couple fit
- Relationship styles
- Diversity and blended families
- Perception and reality
- Reflective practice
- Argument resolution
The course will also include another 3 days of open group learning that will invite participation from colleagues who are interested in learning about working with couples or who are engaging with Continuing Professional Development for their Couples Counselling work.
In these 3 days you will be learning about:
- Saturday 16th & 17th of March 2019
- Saturday 27th and 28th of April 2019
Further 3 Days
- Saturday 11th of May 2019
- Saturday 29th of June 2019
- Saturday 27th of July 2019
The total cost for the full 7 days is £750 and includes refreshments, course materials and support during the program.
A deposit of £100.00 will be required to secure your place on the course.
You can choose to pay the full fee before the start of the course or you can pay 5 instalments of £126.00 which includes £30.00 to pay for the administration of the instalments. One instalment to be paid before each course weekend.
Please click here to send your deposit and secure your place on the course.
Students who have completed this course have found that:
- They are able to introduce working with couples into their practice.
- They benefit from being part of a learning community with colleagues working in different contexts and with different age groups, and through discussion of the variety of themes.
- They are up to date with developments in the field of counselling couples, having reviewed legal and safeguarding requirements.
- They know how to access useful sources of information and support
- Practice sessions provide a rare opportunity to reflect with colleagues on “live” counselling work
All Temenos students are offered full access to the onlinevents library whilst they are on the course. This is the world’s largest library of video & audio recordings created for the helping professions, linked to a learning log and instant certification (over 700 hours of CPD recordings including learning specific to working with couples).
Students will also have access to Temenos’s extensive library of counselling and psychotherapy books.
Temenos has been offering a counseling and psychotherapy diploma course for more than 25 years.
We are pleased to be offering this couples counselling training with Ian Wallace as a way for colleagues to open up their practice to working with couples.